This cupcake is perfect for your summer parties and is sure to be a hit with all your guests. I invented this cupcake for Scoopalicious‘ Cupcake Ice Cream Contest and I ended up serving it at my 4th of July celebration.
Everyone loved it!
Okay, so here’s how I made it:
I modified a Strawberry Shortcake Recipe that I found on Food & Wine.com
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 1/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
Plus Strawberries and your favorite Strawberry Ice Cream!
You will also need an Ice Cream Cone mold. I bought mine on Amazon.com
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Coat the cupcake mold with an olive oil spray like Pam.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the sugar with the eggs and vanilla extract at medium-high speed until smooth and thickened slightly, about 3 minutes. Add the butter and oil and beat until incorporated, scraping the bottom and side of the bowl. Add the dry ingredients and milk in 3 alternating batches, beating well between additions.
- Cut up 5 strawberries and using a mortar and pestle mash them up. Fold them into the cupcake mix.
- Carefully pour the batter into the greased muffin tin, filling them about two-thirds full.
- Bake the cupcakes in the center of the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until springy and a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cupcakes cool slightly in the muffin tin, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- After they’ve cooled add ice cream on top and cut some more strawberries as garnish.
Serve up right away and enjoy!